Protein, this nutrient is a common topic within the gym. Mostly whether or not you are intaking as much protein as your body needs.
Now in my time within a gym (both as a trainer and gym-goer) I have heard many different "bro facts" as too how much protein is actually necessary. The most common amount I hear is 2 grams per pound of body weight, for myself a 225lb man (Body type: Fluffy) I would need to ingest 450 Grams of protein per day! Sadly enough I believed this MYTH for quite a while and found myself eating way too much and purchasing way to many supplements.
First off, let me explain what the purpose of protein actually is: Protein is the biggest component when building muscle, it is used to build and repair broken down tissues, this is important due to exercise breaking down our muscles, the body then repairs them and this is what causes us to develop bigger, stronger muscles. Protein is also a building block of hormones, bones, cartilage, and skin. So, we can safely say protein is a necessity within our diet.
So how much daily protein do we actually need? Check out this weeks info-gram and get the breakdown!
As always have a great day and feel free to email me any questions you may have: Cesarponce@soaringeaglefitness.com
It is safe to say that we all look forward to our "Cheat Meals."
If your not familiar with a Cheat Meal it is your time to indulge and enjoy a much needed (most of the time earned) meal out side of your normal eating habits.
For myself I save my Cheat Meals for Cowboy Sunday, most of the time my cheat meal consists of Pizza! (The greatest food on earth).
So how do we partake in these Cheat Meals safely (from our diets)?
1. Enjoy yourself- Don't feel guilty about what your eating, rather enjoy it. Eating the same foods can become repetitive and discouraging. Keep yourself sane and indulge when you deserve it.
2. Make Healthier Choices- Just because it is a "cheat meal" doesnt mean it has to be terrible and greasy. If there are healthier options of the meal (gluten free, low calorie) choose those. Your body will thank you for it!
3. Save Calories- If you know you are going to be eating a terrible cheat meal, change up your daily calories and save some extra ones for diner! Im not saying starve yourself but watch your portions. This will help us not severely go over our calorie count for the day.
1. Dont Feel Guilty- Remember, you earned it. Its keeping you from going insane so enjoy your meal.
2. Don't over eat- Having a decent cheat meal is acceptable, what is not accepablee is eating 3,000 calories at once. This not only is terrible health wise but defeats the purpose of clean eating during the week. For example if you have a total caloric deficit of 3,000 calories for the week (1 lb) and you consume a surplus of 3,000 In one day, you are just canceling out the calories you lost during the week.
3. Don't let one meal turn into a whole day or even week of cheating. A lot of times the mentality of "well I already ate bad, so this won't hurt" leads us to over eating not just for one day, but for days and even weeks. Don't let that mentality ruin all your hard work.
Enjoy your Cheat Meals, but be smart!
The keto diet is one that consists of consuming 5-10% of your calories from Carbohydrates, 15-20% of your calories from proteins, and lastly 65-85% of your calories from fats. To make it easier, if you are on a daily caloric intake of 2000 calories and you eat 10% as carbohydrates it would be 200 calories worth of carbs. 20% as protein would be 400 calories, leaving 70% of your calories as fats; a whopping 1400 calories from fat! It is very similar if not identical to the “counting your macros method,” (macronutrients). 🥑🥓
The Paleo diet is something that has been around well since man first started to eat. This diet is essentially a Hunter/Gather diet.
The theory being to eat like our ancestral Caveman and reap the benefits of a clean healthy unprocessed diet.
Through this diet Loren Pordain, PHD (author of The Paleo Diet) claims we will be leaner, and less likely to get diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and other diet related health problems.
This diet is also known as the caveman diet, it is a high protein, high fiber diet that will lead to weight loss.
When following this diet it is important to NOT eat ANY processed food and be weary of salt.
Wheat,sugars, salts and dairy products-with the exception of fresh eggs- are prohibited as well. Our Caveman ancestors were not farmers therefore grains, wheat, dairy are all a no-go for the Paleo diet.
Below is an info-gram to assist you Paleo Junkies when grocery shopping! #SoaringEagleFitness
Calorie counting, this is my personal preference when losing weight. Not based on scientific studies but based on my body.
Everyone's body is different and responds to eating habits differently, for myself this particular plan works wonders.
Calorie counting is the basic weight loss diet, it involves counting the amount of calories you eat/drink with the goal being to have a deficit of 3000 calories (this is equivalent to a pound lost). A normal caloric deficit diet is -500 calories per day. 6 days of a 500 calorie deficit is equivalent to a pound lost or a total of 5 Lbs in a 30 day period.
The key is to eat healthy foods 4-6 times a day (including snacks) that equal to you burning more calories than you consume.
In order to hit this deficit it is best to eat healthy foods that give you all the nutritional values that you need while staying low on calories.
For example if you burn 3000 cal in a day, to reach your 500 cal deficit you must eat no more than 2500 cal.
Hope this helps if you have any questions feel free to message me! #SoaringEagleFitness
Hey running short on time? Check out this Back and Chest workout I use on days I'm in a rush.
10 second Max rest between movements(this includes loading and unloading weights), after every round I take a 30-45 second rest depending on how dead I am.
If you finish 5 rounds of both circuits, you my friend are a stud! #SoaringEagleFitness
Here is todays quick workout of the day, maybe we should call it a WOD? (hope thats not taken) ;)
Actually this is what I did today. Sore is an understatement on how I'm feeling!
Be sure to use adequate weight, something that is heavy enough to push you but not too heavy to risk injury.
Remember never sacrifice form for reps, if you feel yourself losing form, take a breather.
Here is todays Workout of The Day!
We know how important it is to get that pre-date pump! Its how I reeled in my fiancé!
Here is a quick 30 minute workout to get your arms nice and swole!
Like the other workouts of the day, take no rests in between reps and a minimal rest between rounds. NEVER sacrifice form for reps!
If your a visual learner like me, then these Info-Grams will help you understand fitness topics a lot better.