It is safe to say that we all look forward to our "Cheat Meals."
If your not familiar with a Cheat Meal it is your time to indulge and enjoy a much needed (most of the time earned) meal out side of your normal eating habits.
For myself I save my Cheat Meals for Cowboy Sunday, most of the time my cheat meal consists of Pizza! (The greatest food on earth).
So how do we partake in these Cheat Meals safely (from our diets)?
1. Enjoy yourself- Don't feel guilty about what your eating, rather enjoy it. Eating the same foods can become repetitive and discouraging. Keep yourself sane and indulge when you deserve it.
2. Make Healthier Choices- Just because it is a "cheat meal" doesnt mean it has to be terrible and greasy. If there are healthier options of the meal (gluten free, low calorie) choose those. Your body will thank you for it!
3. Save Calories- If you know you are going to be eating a terrible cheat meal, change up your daily calories and save some extra ones for diner! Im not saying starve yourself but watch your portions. This will help us not severely go over our calorie count for the day.
1. Dont Feel Guilty- Remember, you earned it. Its keeping you from going insane so enjoy your meal.
2. Don't over eat- Having a decent cheat meal is acceptable, what is not accepablee is eating 3,000 calories at once. This not only is terrible health wise but defeats the purpose of clean eating during the week. For example if you have a total caloric deficit of 3,000 calories for the week (1 lb) and you consume a surplus of 3,000 In one day, you are just canceling out the calories you lost during the week.
3. Don't let one meal turn into a whole day or even week of cheating. A lot of times the mentality of "well I already ate bad, so this won't hurt" leads us to over eating not just for one day, but for days and even weeks. Don't let that mentality ruin all your hard work.
Enjoy your Cheat Meals, but be smart!
If your a visual learner like me, then these Info-Grams will help you understand fitness topics a lot better.